Alpenwild, the leader in active travel in the Alps, is looking for a Destination Sepcialist to join our team at our office in Provo Utah. Applicants must currently reside in or move to Utah.
The Destination Specialist will assist clients with tour arrangements and do other tour operation duties, marketing, customer service, social media, and website administration. The Destination Specialist will be the primary point of contact with the client in planning their tour arrangements.
This position could be full-time or part-time evolving into a full-time employment. It will require living and working in Switzerland for one month a year or more.
- Provide expert knowledge of destination and tour features to potential clients by phone and email.
- Serve as the primary point of communication and coordination with guests from initial inquiry to preparing for their trip and post-trip evaluation
- Answer questions from clients and advise on travel arrangements, packing, and fitness as they prepare for their trip
- Follow up on new leads and inquiries with the goal of selling the best trip for our clients based on their desires and abilities.
- Send out trip confirmation and final document packets
- Gather client travel details and personal travel requirements and preferences
- Assist clients with pre- and post-tour travel
- Assist clients with self-guided travel arrangements
- Create invoices to send to clients and collect payments
- Creat website content to support and market your tours and destinations
- Contribute to the continual development and improvement of our sales and client services procedures
- Proactively keep up to date with current events, news, and trends in your destination
- Build and maintain a database of internal trip FAQs, detailed daily itineraries, and other tour features
- Assist in the creation of custom itineraries and proposals
- Coordinate efforts with Tour Operations Manager and Marketing Coordinator
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and characteristics:
- Solid verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with internet and social media technologies.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office
- Travel or hospitality industry sales and customer service experience
- Passionate about travel and the outdoors with some hiking and backpacking experience
- Basic graphic design and content creation
- Interested in the outdoors, adventure travel, and European culture
- Prior international travel experience
- Able to work full time in our Provo office, with some project work able to be done remotely
- Able to travel and work in Europe on an occasional or temporary basis
- Foreign language capability (German, French, or Italian) helpful but not required.
The Destination Specialist reports to the Alpenwild General Manager and works closely the Operations Manager and Marketing Coordinator.
Ultimately, you will ensure our company’s tours continue to provide exceptional service and the highest quality customer experience to help us achieve our immediate and long-term business goals.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary with a benefits package including bonuses, paid vacation, and a generous annual travel allowance.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every application will be reviewed and considered, although because of the large number of applicants, we regret that we will not be able to respond personally to each applicant. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted