Tour Operations Manager
Alpenwild, the leader in active travel in the Alps, is looking for a Tour Operations Manager to join our team at our office in Provo Utah. Applicants must currently reside in or move to Utah.
The Tour Operations Manager will oversee tour operations for all tours, with direct day-to-day responsibilities for specific tours such as the Tour du Mont Blanc trek and our Dolomites hiking tours.
The Tour Operations Manager will be working directly with suppliers, such as hotels, ground tour operators, transportation providers, and guides.
- Tour Manager for Dolomites Hiking Tours
- Tour Manager for Tour du Mont Blanc
- Manage website content for Dolomites and Tour du Mont Blanc (in conjunction with Marketing Coordinator
- Tour pricing
- Hotel selection, evaluation, managing the relationship
- Manage reservation of block space with hotels and other suppliers, and release of unused space prior to the tour
- Itinerary development – Design and development of tour itineraries
- Oversee development of a standardized itinerary for each tour, with guide briefings
- Pre-trip materials and letters for clients
- Guide selection, hiring, training, and scheduling
- Guide logowear
- Manage self-guided luggage transfers (supervise person who does luggage transfers)
- Manage customer service in the field (July-September)
Finance and Accounting
- Manage deposits and payments to hotels and other suppliers
- Manage payments to guides
- Manage foreign currency transactions and wire transfers
- Manage company-issued credit cards
- Create internal financial controls
- Shop and source liability insurance coverage
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and characteristics:
- Proven work experience in a business, finance or travel operations role
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office
- Some familiarity with accounting, finance, and small business operations
- BSc degree in Business, Travel and Tourism or relevant field
- Travel industry interest and experience
- Interested in the outdoors, adventure travel, and European culture
- Prior international travel experience
- Able to work full time in our Provo office, with some project work able to be done remotely
- Able to travel and work in Europe on an occasional or temporary basis
- Foreign language capability (German, French, or Italian)
- Based on the availability of the candidate, this could be a part-time position initially, then become full time.
The Tour Operation Manager reports to the Alpenwild General Manager and works closely the CEO. The Operation Manager’s clients are Alpenwild Destination Specialists.
Ultimately, you will ensure our company’s tours continue to provide exceptional service and the highest quality customer experience to help us achieve our immediate and long-term business goals.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary with a benefits package including bonuses, paid vacation, and a generous annual travel allowance.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Every application will be reviewed and considered, although because of the large number of applicants, we regret that we will not be able to respond personally to each applicant. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.